Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sketchblog Edition 27: A Series Of Badly Timed Events

Today I decided to redesign another character from Tsubasa No Negai.
This time, since Heidi and I will be doing a collab featuring our "angel" characters,
I decided to give Tsubasa Minezawa's profile an overhaul.
It still needs some tweaking, but it's well on its way to being a solid design.

Warning: half-nakey chick ahead!
It was vital for me to see what her body shape was like because it's a huge part of her story,
so I drew Tsubasa in her underoos.

A major change I made was I made her a bit skinnier, and I changed her hair up a bit.
The biggest alteration is that she's now Asian (she always was, really, but now she looks more the part).
Tyler provides his input....
I'm COMPLETELY changing the look of Tsubasa under the possession of SeiRei.
The old outfit was cool enough, but since SeiRei changed to a sleeker design,
Tsubasa's battle gear needed to change too.
I made her sleeker too, and gave her a mask that echoes SeiRei's instead of the wing-ear things she had before.
Next time I'm going to work on designing her wings and her weapon.
Those need a lot of work, and it's going to be tough.


Today's free sketch was supposed to go out to Shiory on deviantART,
and it was to be her character Breathless.
However, I ran into a few... um...
snags.
See, I had this concept in mind,
but after an incident which I will not get into right now,
I was a little too flustered to properly draw it.
Tyler gave it his best shot, but it was something I needed to do myself.
Thanks, anyway, Tyler.
I finally was able to draw something that at least LOOKED like the pose I had in mind,
but it's still far from what I would be proud to show to a commissioner.
But hey... it was a free sketch anyway.
I still feel bad that it looks so horrible.
Definitely not my best.
Sorry, Shiory.
Maybe next time I open my free sketch slots you'll get a better one? ^^;

Anyway, my day was long and tiring,
and I'm very ready to go to sleep.
It doesn't help that I came back home to find out yet another obstacle that's been placed in my way for finals week.
I have the worst timing luck ever, I swear.

Enough of that.

Thanks for reading!
Love you all, and goodnight!

<3,
Emily J Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment