Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sketchblog Edition 10: What's All That Smoke?

You ever start waking up while you're dreaming?
It happens to me all the time.
I was in the middle of a dream when my alarm clocks started going off.
The dream started to become about me changing the settings on my alarms to play a different tune, when in reality, all I was doing was hitting the snooze button out of habit.
><


Strangely, I had trouble getting started sketching today.
The first sketch I did was in the afternoon, and I don't even know what to think of it.
It kind of frightens me a little.
I do like the freckles on the girl though.
I don't have enough characters with freckles....

As for the cat, well... I have no excuse.
I'm sorry.
I tried drawing a cute sleeping kitty from memory and failed epically.
I apologize.
-___-;

For some reason I felt the urge to draw a series of new characters for a random story that I haven't even thought of yet.
Seems like a team of pirates to me, or something along those lines.

The order on the line-up below is like this:
woman, man, young woman, boy, robot.
*shrug*

Here's a full and more detailed view of the guy character.
I like his jacket and belt.
His hair works better in the smaller version.

I imagine this character to be the tough-as-nails female captain.
She smokes. Not a good habit.
Her hair's pretty neat, I think... probably wrapped up in a bun type thing in the back.
Her outfit is really fun. :3


Today's free sketch goes out to my very good friend Heidi.
She asked me to draw the psycho demon character Six from her new story.
He's pretty neat.
I don't know how well this came out.
I'm happy with parts of it, but there are obviously a lot of parts where I had issues, like his face and his hand.
(For some strange reason I'm having trouble drawing hands lately....
It's weird because they're one of my favorite things to draw. :/ )

Later today I had a work session at my friend Tyler's house.
As I was leaving and packing up my moped, a prowler approached me silently out of the darkness....


And then started rubbing up against me.

Then it got distracted and went off to pounce on falling leaves.
Allow me to illustrate:

Cute, isn't she?
She was quite friendly. ^^


That's about it for tonight.

Oh, yes.
I almost forgot.

Tonight, as I was working at Tyler's place, he inadvertently and unwarrantedly chucked an eraser at my head.
Not any old eraser, mind you.
A Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser.

It hit me square in the forehead.
It hurt.
He smiled and chuckled as he apologized.
He said he didn't mean to hit my head,
that he was aiming for my shoulder...
But I don't believe it.

I think he's been trying to do me in for a while now.
He constantly throws things at me, tries to frighten me, and suspiciously sneaks up behind me, not to mention attaches things to me, like clothespins.

I'm pretty sure he's trying to off me.



So don't be surprised if you don't hear from me again for a while.



Thanks for reading!

I love you all, and hope you have a pleasant sleep and a wonderful day tomorrow!
Goodnight/Good morning!

<3,
Emily J Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment