Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sketchblog Edition 42-44: Long Days And Longer Nights

So incredibly sorry for the delays, guys!

It's been... kind of a strange few days.

Coming back to visit friends in Marion is... surreal, to say the least.


Anyway, here are the sketches!

June 3rd (Thursday):




And the day's free sketch,
which is the 10th Doctor (David Tennant),
for Heidi:

June 4th (Friday):

This is the day's free sketch.
It's for my good friend Sara,
which also happens to be her Birthday. :)
She wanted Mesousa from Pani Poni Dash!,
shooting himself with a cork gun.
Happy Birthday, Sara!




And today's,
June 5th (Saturday):

The free sketch for the day goes out to Jill,
who wanted Alfred Jones (aka America) from the series Axis Powers Hetalia.

Just trying out some wing designs for use in different projects.

It's a little hard for me to upload this next sketch,
simply because it's me venting some confused feelings,
and dealing with all these conflicting thoughts going on in my head and heart.

But I'm going to upload it anyway,
to share that everyone deals with hard times,
and art is in fact a valid way to deal with it.
Art can convey emotions that words never could.
Words can only go so far to begin with,
because if you write words,
people will doubt them.
It's easier to believe images than words,
because while almost anyone can write words,
only someone who has experienced certain emotions can create an image as a result of them.

That being said,
take this image with a grain of salt.
It is only me expressing emotions I can't convey in words.



Sorry if this entry has been a little weird.
I've had a long week and I'm finding myself more and more exhausted earlier every day.


Thanks for reading!
Love you all, and goodnight!

<3,
Emily J Sampson

6 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    But for some reason, david tennant looks like tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Heidi: Thanks.
    Really? I didn't think so.... Tyler has curly hair and a squarer jaw with a cleft chin. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you so much! It's adorable~! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the last one too. I hope whatever confusion it is you have sorted it out now? *hug* ^_^

    ReplyDelete