Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sketchblog Edition 95: The Search Ends But Continues

It was in the 50's today.
Sudden drop from the previous upper 60's and 70's.
Of course my body can't handle the cold,
but at the same time it was a bit refreshing.
It's finally starting to feel like Winter here in Savannah,
and that gives me excuse to bundle up.
That means happy warm coats,
long fluffy scarves,
and of course,
soft, handmade hats.
:3

I've been wanting to get back to my story Dream Easy,
but since my style's changed drastically since starting it,
I need to start from scratch.
Here's a (very) rough sketch attempt at redesigning Yurei.
Anatomy fail! :D


Lilly and I went to Juarez for lunch,
and on the way to and from the restaurant,
I got to see my old friend,
Porch Cat.
He's so mellow and friendly,
I decided he had to be added to my catverse.

And yet again,
I got the urge to draw the Cat-Bunny.
Tyler suggested that I hold a contest to name it.
So that's what I'm doing.
I think I've settled on Lepuline for the species,
but this little fellow needs a name.
So your assignment, should you choose to accept it,
is to give our little Lepuline friend a name...
a good one.
The contest will go until the 15th (two weeks from now),
and I will announce the winner on Christmas,
at that time presenting them with a special prize.
So! Get your entries in now!
Submit them in email format to my address at ejscreationsart@gmail.com,
with the subject line: "Cat-Bunny Name."
That way I have all the submissions in the same place and don't have to hunt down the winner for their email address. ;)


Today not only marks the first day of December,
but also the return of Angry Tyler.
I threatened to throw away all my bows and my Finn hat.
He pushed me to it.
It's his own fault.

Today also marks the beginning of the December Free Sketches!
In case you didn't already know,
the theme of the month is Portraits,
where I draw you (or someone else you know or want to see) as if it were in the Chester K. Fingkelbottom universe!

First up is my good friend Matt Synowicz!
Here he is!
Hope you like it, Matt!

If you, too, want to see yourself as a TAoCKF character,
simply go to my deviantART journal,
or leave a comment here or on my facebook,
or send me an email at my ejscreationsart@gmail.com address,
with a file or link to a picture of yourself,
and you will be added to the list!


Thanks for reading!

Happy Holidays!

Love you all,
and have a goodnight!

<3,
Emily J. Sampson



p.s. Heidi and Becca and I went on an epic trip to Wal-Mart today,
and boy was it glorious!
I can't tell you what I got just yet,
but some of you may already know.
I'm super-excited about it,
but I'm keeping it a secret for the next week and a half. :)

2 comments:

  1. Porch cat is adorable. ^-^
    Cat-bunny too, but I can't think of a good name.. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^3^
    Thanks!
    Keep thinking! I'm sure you'll come up with something! :P

    ReplyDelete