Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sketchblog Edition 80-81: Creating A World

BUH.
Sorry for the late upload again.
At least it wasn't as long a wait this time, right? ^^;

Well anyway,
Sunday was my dad's last day at home before taking my grandma to Southern Illinois,
so we were spending a lot of time together.

I missed Church,
but I was able to clean up my room a little and get organized.
We went out to breakfast, then went home and hung out a little.
After that we went to see Toy Story 3,
which wasn't what I was expecting at all
(though I'm not sure what I was expecting really).
It was pretty good.
Loving the Totoro cameo. :3

The free sketch for Sunday goes to Tyler.
He wanted Wishbone dressed as Robin Hood.
I was happy to oblige. :)


Today's free sketch was a little harder.
Hillary asked for Wolverine and Phoenix from the X-Men Animated Series (from the 90s I believe),
so I wanted to figure out a good dynamic composition for them.
Here are the prelim sketches:


And here's the final version:


When my dad and I took one last walk with Tucker on Sunday,
we saw three fawns and their mother at the edge the forest.
We just stayed and watched them in silence for a while.
It was so pleasant.


And, of course,
today marks Chester K. Fingkelbottom's birthday!
(AKA the day that Sara gave me the pink flamingo that inspired the webcomic
The Adventures of Chester K. Fingkelbottom
.)
Here's a little sketch to celebrate.


Inevitably, drawing Emma inspired me to draw more of her facial expressions.


And drawing facial expressions inspired me to draw her mouth,
which is her primary form of expression.
It's always fun drawing mouths. :3


This last sketch is just a quickie poster design for a short story I want to work on sometime soon.
I did some sketches of the characters here.
Of course, this is just a sketch.
The proportions on it are all wrong,
so those would be fixed in a final version.

The concept of course,
is based on a hypothetical question,
asking what would happen if someone suddenly was given unlimited powers.


Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

Love you all, and goodnight!

<3,
Emily J Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment