Friday, July 2, 2010

Sketchblog Edition 70: World Waits For Nothing

Today was a good day. :)

I woke up early,
did a tad of cleaning around the house,
went out with my dad,
went to see a movie
(which turned out to not be a great movie,
but it was still fun),
and then went to dinner with my parents at Ruby Tuesday.

I also got some good sketching in.

I've always looked for an excuse to draw Emma in a dress from ModCloth,
but then I thought, you know,
you don't really need an excuse.
Just do it.
So I did it.
I used parts from different dresses,
and some boots I really love from ModCloth.
Voila!
I like it. :3

And after going through different shoe options on ModCloth,
how could I not be inspired to draw some shoe designs of my own?
I don't really do fashion too well, I admit,
but it's a heck of a lot of fun to play around with it! :)

Later in the evening, after returning home from dinner,
I checked my email to find this message from my landlady:
"Three firemen have moved in upstairs.
They are very nice."
What more could a girl ask for?
Of course, that means no more Southern Drawl Cat living up on the porch,
"May-owing" at us constantly,
but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
As a sign of my sadness at SDC's loss, though,
I drew him in a fireman's hat.
Goodbye, Southern Drawl Cat.
Hello, accidental fires in my kitchen. ;)
Well, the final sketch of the day starts the new month of free sketches,
with the theme of "Favorite Childhood Show."
It goes to XxSpyderxX on deviantART,
whose favorite cartoon growing up was Rainbow Brite.
Here's my rendition.
(Arms are a bit wonky, but whatever.
At least I know what to fix.)
Hope you like! :)

Well, folks,
thanks again.
I can't tell you how much it means to me that you all read this.
I love sharing my passions with the world,
and it brings me nothing but joy to see that there are people out there taking a real interest in it.
You all give me purpose.
My art gives me purpose.
And God gave me my skills,
so He's kind of to blame. ;)

Thank you so much!
Love you all,
and goodnight!

Have a great weekend and a great July!
<3,
Emily J Sampson





"I need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently."
"And I can't give you that. Nobody can."
(Quote from (500) Days Of Summer,
a movie which is of great importance to my life right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment