Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sketchblog Edition 71-79: Cloud of Captivation

Oooooooookay.
I apologize greatly for the extreme wait.
I know I said it wouldn't happen again,
but I really can explain.
It being a holiday last weekend,
things got....
busy.

So here's a rundown of the past week or so:

Friday, July 2nd:

Went with my Dad to pick up my grandma so she could spend the holiday with us. :)
Lots of traveling but well worth it.
I love my grandma. ^^

Free sketch of the day:
Batman (Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond series)
for Elaine.



Saturday, July 3rd:

Out and about with Grandma and the family,
shopping and what-not.
Fireworks at the High School. :)

Free sketch of the day:
Yellow and Blue Power Rangers
for EranthyaeNoire on deviantART.


Sunday, July 4th:

Church with Dad.
More shopping with Grandma and the family. :3

Free sketch of the day:
Rocko and Spunky from Rocko's Modern Life
for Sara. :P


Monday, July 5th:

Took Grandma back with Dad.
Cleaned out her fridge of some expired foods.
It always feels good doing things for my family without expecting things in return. :)

Free sketch of the day:
The Orange Lantern from the Green Lantern Corps
for MAK-ATTACK on deviantART.


Tuesday, July 6th:

Got up early and went to the High School to clean Dad's classroom for him.
We went shopping and got foodstuffs afterwards. :3

Free sketch of the day:
Tiger from Monster Rancher
for no-kagami on deviantART.


Wednesday, July 7th:

More cleaning up of Dad's classroom.
More fun on the town with Dad. :)

Free sketch of the day:
Darkwing Duck vs. Negaduck (with a bomb behind his back)
for NickCaligo on deviantART.


Thursday, July 8th:

Went back to Grandma's with Dad so he could take her to some appointments,
and while they were out I cleaned out her freezer of more expired foods.
Again, FOR FAMILYYYYYYYYY!!!! *punches air*

Free sketch of the day:
Dexter (from Dexter's Lab) and Blossom (from PowerPuff Girls)
for Shiory on deviantART.


Friday, July 9th:

Mom and I took Dad to get a shot for his back so he could be prepared for the long trip down to Southern Illinois next week.
Afterward we went out to eat,
and later Liz and I did some shopping with Amanda.
Twas funness.

Free sketch of the day:
Daggett and Norbert (from Angry Beavers) getting scared as they watch The Crawling Spleen
for Addikive on deviantART.


Saturday, July 10th:

Went out to lunch with the parents,
then saw Toy Story 3.
Giggled uncontrollably in the tortilla scene.
We saw a really awesome giant puffy white (yes white) raincloud with lightning bursting over and over again inside of it.
Got footage (will be uploading to facebook soon).

Free sketch of the day:
Seraphimon (Digimon) vs. Arceus (Pokémon)
(and yes, the attack is a real Seraphimon attack...
because I'm a nerd)
for Vawn-O-The-Dawn on deviantART.
(This was probably the most difficult free sketch request...
ever.)



Now,
the rest of the sketches.

Some sort of cat-warrior-thing.

Lizard Otter!
(based on a cloud I saw)

I've been wanting to do a pirate story for a while,
and I've toyed with a couple different plots about pirates,
but I think this one is going somewhere,
so I developed some characters for it.

It's a story about an all-female pirate crew
(only 6, but they're recruiting!)
led by a crazy feminist pirate on a vendetta against male pirates and sailors.
She's forming a pirate crew to take the seas back from men.
Unfortunately, it's a little slow-going for them,
as they only have a few allies...
and a lot of enemies.

This story has much more adult themes in it than most of my stories,
so beware.
I'm still trying to find names for all of them.
Open to suggestions.

The Captain:

The Medic:

The Navigator:

The Mechanic:

The Weapons Expert:

The Cook:


When my dad and I were coming back from my Grandma's the second time around,
we went to a used CD and record store,
where we found Dr. Demento's Greatest Novelty CD Of All Time.
On it was a song I listened to all the time as a child.
See if you can figure out what song inspired this next sketch.

That's all I've got for you this time, guys.
I know it's not a lot, considering how many days I've been gone,
but I hope some of the better sketches up there make it worth the wait.

Thanks for reading and being patient!

Love you all,
and goodnight!

<3,
Emily J Sampson

No comments:

Post a Comment