Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sketchblog Edition 124: Make Peace, Not Dischord



Wow!  So, it's been a while.
I apologize sincerely for the distance between posts.
What has it been?  A month?
Man....
Well, I promise you I'll make up for it.
I have a lot to show from the past month, so here's the first of several blog updates for you to enjoy!


These are just some quick sketches and fun pieces I did in my spare time.
I'm noticing a wonderful shift in my style and my artistic abilities that I can only attribute to the new system of living and thinking that I've developed for myself.
Life is great. :)
I made this for my Facebook cover photo, but if anybody else wants it, feel free to download and share!

It's been in the 60s and 70s lately here, and even got up to 80 the other day! 
It's time for Spring/Summer clothes! :D
Ooooollllllld character.




Quick sketch, no reference.


Another quick sketch I did last night. 
I want to try painting in realism more,
so this was supposed to be the start of an exercise,
but I got lazy toward the end there with the arms and legs....
I'll fix it soon after I finish some other things first.
 
A test I gave myself to see if I had the chops for a freelance position,
which I ended up declining due to several circumstances.
It was fun to do though, even if I didn't take the job. :)

Quick dragon sketch!

Quick dragon man sketch, with colors! :O

Mermaid sketch... maybe I'll finish this for fun sometime.
It's a Loxodocto Serpentarius! 
You may remember this from my chimera sketch request batch however long ago!


Another Loxodocto Serpentarius!

At work, we have demos every once in a while. 
My coworker Ilene did a demo on pastels, so I made a Totoro.
Another piece from our Utrecht demo, this time the Fluid Acrylics demo by Rita.
It's a Derpshark, or couldn't you tell?
March 4th was my Dad's birthday.
I couldn't be there to give him a present, so I made him this.
Done in watercolors and pencil.
He loved it. :3

A new comic strip I'll be doing weekly,
on my lunch breaks over at Utrecht Savannah:
Breaktime Adventures with Emily!


That's it for the first batch!
Second batch, coming right up!

Thanks for reading!
Love you all!

<3,
Emily J Sampson


No comments:

Post a Comment