Monday, December 12, 2011

Sketchblog Edition 120: Saying Farewell

I've said a lot of goodbyes this year....
Some very significant ones.
And in the past week alone I had to say goodbye to my last two best friends in Savannah.

I'm hoping to strengthen my relationships with the people still here,
and build up more best friends,
and the people I've said goodbye to I still consider my best friends,
but it's still really hard for me.

I'm fighting all my paranoia and all my fear in order to call them best friends,
and that's saying a lot.

Today I leave for home.
I'm riding the train for two days from Savannah to Chicago,
and will finally see my family again for the first time since April.
I'm looking forward to it greatly,
and hoping I can see some old friends while I'm up North,
though a lot of them are gone too.

Anyway, my train leaves soon, so I'll make this update quick.
Enjoy!


Here we have more of Geoffrey and Tomamono being friends.
Speaking of friends, Michael came back last week and enjoyed The Sentient Bean with Bridget and I. :3

We went to see Levi Weaver at the Sentient Bean the other night.
Quite the delight indeed.


A mini-Levi Weaver and some birdy woman thing.

Just something I felt like sketching to let off some steam.
Trying to accurately portray my emotions with words never seems to work too well,
so I have to turn to art to help me.

More logo stuff for my friend Daniel.
I've worked more on developing the top logo since it stands better without text.

These sketches are just me fooling around with composition and storyboarding.
This story will probably never be made.



That's all!
Don't fret if you don't hear from me in the next couple weeks.

"I'm going missing for a while,
I've got nothing left to lose."


Love you all, and Merry Christmas!
<3,
Emily J Sampson


p.s. Know that I will always love you... each and every one of you... no matter what.
And I will always fight... I will fight myself, the world, and beyond, in order to be your friend.
Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment